1. Domestic Transit
Domestic Transit is a subcategory of international land transportation. In this transit, the cargo is consigned from one customs to the other within the same country borders . The cargo get customs clearance at the destination.
Domestic Transit Rules:
• The list of goods that are going to be transited shall be given to the customs of origin, in advance. The goods are examined at the customs to check if they are match with the given list or not. If any new good has been added to the cargo, it is considered to be contraband.
• The Transited cargo must arrive at its destination at the specified date in the customs license. If any delay happens, it is considered to be contraband. But if the delay ( less than 5 days from the stated date) happened as a result of an accident or incident, the cargo can be cleared by presenting the traffic ticket.
2. International Transit
In this transit, the cargo is consigned from one county to other countries.
International transit is customs duty free because the goods transported by this transit do not count as imported or exported goods.
International Transit Rules:
• The transited cargo must arrive at its destination at the specified date in the transit license. If any delay happens, it is considered to be contraband.
• At the destination country customs, if the cargo is not sealed, the transit license will be checked and in case of any contradictions, the cargo is considered to be contraband.
Transiting cargo from Iran has several advantages, including:
• East of Iran routes establishes transit link between Afghanistan and Central Asia;
• Iran is located on the North-South routes;
• The transit routes via Iran is shorter and the different ports are available;
• The transit routes via Iran is inexpensive and safe.
Providing International Passport and License Plate
Drivers working in ground transit need international passport and international license plate (transit plate). Immigration and Passport Police Office issues passport and exit license for drivers after making inquiries from Iran Road Maintenance and Transportation Organization. Police is the responsible body for issuing international passport, international license plate and ownership documents for transit drivers.
We, at B.S.L, provides you with the best domestic and international transit services.